Thank you for visiting my page.
I am training to run the Austin Half Marathon as part of Team Asha. My target race is on February 19, 2012, in Austin, Texas.
I am running the half marathon so that I can raise money to make a difference in the lives of the underprivileged in India. This is one of the most challenging tasks I have ever undertaken, so please sponsor me by donating to Asha for Education.
Some of Asha’s goals:
- To provide education for underprivileged children in India.
- To encourage the formation of various local groups, both in India and U.S., to reach out to larger sections of the population.
- To support and cooperate with persons and groups already engaged in similar activities to achieve the group objectives.
- To provide an opportunity for individuals based in the U.S. who wish to participate in Asha activities in India.
- To address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, socio-economic change, and women’s issues.
Please learn more about Asha’s projects here: http://www.ashanet.org/austin/projects/
I started training with round rock fit this year and my week begins a combination of (Speed, Easy, and Tempo runs), as well as the hill workouts (absolutely gruesome), and a long run over the weekends. I also try to do Yoga, Pilates, and Strength training workouts at my community center. Please feel free to check out my daily schedule and details about Round Rock fit here: http://www.roundrockfit.com/schedule.php
Some of the races I participated in the past:
Austin Reindeer Run 5K (2010)
Paramount Break-a-Leg 5K
2011 IBM Uptown Classic Race – 5K
(Check my results here: http://mychiptime.com/searchevent.php?id=5926&bib=4235)
Moonlight Margarita Run (2011)
Some of the races that I plan to participate next year:
January 29‚ 2012: 3M Half Marathon and Relay
February 19, 2012: Livestrong Austin Marathon and Half Marathon
March 25, 2012: Statesman Capitol 10K
My goal is to raise $1310 for Asha for Education. Asha for Education is a zero-overhead, volunteer-driven organization that supports education projects in India in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. Thanks to the fabulous Team Asha and my coaches and peers at Round Rock Fit, I am positive that I will be able to accomplish this challenge! Please contact me to sponsor my half marathon and help me reach my fundraising target. Be sure to visit my blog for my latest news.