I am training with Team Asha to run Cap 10k on April 8th, 2018. I hope to raise funds for Asha for Education, a non-profit organization, working to bring socio-economic change in India through education of underprivileged children. It is a significant time commitment and challenge to train for a 10k. I am however constantly motivated knowing that the funds I raise could mean the difference between education and poverty for underprivileged children.
Why Asha for Education?
Asha for Education is a low-overhead, 100% volunteer-driven 501c(3) organization that works on education in India with the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. It is one of the few International charities that has scored Perfect 100 on Charity Navigator for 3 years in a row. This means your money goes directly to children, teachers and schools who need our help, support and motivation, in a transparent and accountable fashion.
My goal is to raise $600 for the following Asha-Austin projects. Funds raised will go to the following projects stewarded by Asha Austin.
- Gramin Shiksha Kendra : Girirajpura School, an alternative education school, in rural Rajasthan, India, with ~100 children, helped setup by Asha-Austin in 2015. Asha-Austin supports the operational expenses of the school for ~20k USD annually, towards teacher salaries, teaching and learning material. Further, Asha-Austin helped construct a classroom in 2016-17 (Video).
- Mathru Foundation, a residential home for children with physical disabilities, in Bangalore, India. Asha-Austin supports the operating expenses of the home, since 2015, for ~12.5k USD annually, towards food, education and medical needs for the 17 children (Video).
- Khushboo Welfare Society, a school for children with mental and multiple disabilities, with ~100 children, in Gurgaon, India. Asha-Austin is currently supporting their new initiatives program, since 2016, and funds salaries of a physiotherapist, occupational therapist, arts teacher, music teacher, dance teacher, computer teacher, yoga teacher and pottery instructor for ~20k USD annually (Video).
- Fellowship Siddamma: A long time grass roots worker who has worked for upliftment of Irula Tribes in India. She was awarded “Trafficking in Persons” Hero but US State Department for freeing 1000s of marginalized bonded laborers from rice mills in 2004. She has been working tirelessly to empower children, women, workers, & farmers. She also helped coordinate relief efforts for Irula community in 2004 Tsunami and 2015 Floods Tamil Nadu / Kerala. (Video)
How you can SUPPORT?
Please do consider supporting Asha-Austin’s projects for the financial year 2017 by contributing towards my run as a member of Team Asha. Your contribution is tax-deductible (EIN: 77-0459884, Asha for Education) and the money raised is extremely invaluable in supporting Asha for Education, Asha-Austin chapter and Team Asha’s mission.
Please see below what your donation can do:
|25$||Monthly therapy session cost for each special child at KWS (physiotherapy/ psychotherapy/ occupational therapy/ yoga, dance and music lessons)|
|50$||Monthly food expenses for each special child at Mathru|
|85$||Monthly teaching and learning material cost for Girirajpura School of GSK|
|100$||Monthly food, educational and medical support for each special child at Mathru|
|131$||10$ for every mile of my run to support education for the underprivileged children back in India|
|200$||Annual support for each child at Girirajpura School of GSK|
|250$||Annual support for each special child at KWS|
How to DONATE?
All Donations are 100% Tax Deductible.
- Credit Card or Paypal:
- Please click the ‘Donate’ button on this page
- Check :
- Make the check payable to “Asha for Education” (NO chapter or runner name here).
- Please include “<My name>, Austin Chapter” in the check’s MEMO field.
- Please send the check directly to:
Asha for Education – Austin Chapter, PO Box 398080, San Francisco, CA 94139-8080
- Please email me or email@example.com so we may know to expect the check.
Majority of Companies match employee donations. This is an great way to double the impact of your donation.
- Search for “Asha for Education” in your Company’s Giving portal
- Please ensure address & EIN (Tax-ID) are :
- Address : PO Box 398080, San Francisco, CA 94139-8080
- EIN: 77-0459884
- Provide details about your donation on the Giving portal.
- Note some companies want employees to donate through their Giving portal. Please check this before making the donation on this page.
- Please include “<My name>, Austin Chapter” in Description section.
- Please email me or firstname.lastname@example.org so we may know to expect a donation match.
Please consider donating generously. The impact of your contribution will continue to be felt in the life of underprivileged children, long after each of us have moved on with our lives.