Strides of Hope
The SOH program has been initiated with the intent to provide volunteers and supporters of Asha Austin an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Indian children. Runners, while benefiting from the experience of a running program, also raise funds to help Asha Austin to achieve the following core objectives:
- To provide education for underprivileged children in India.
- To encourage the formation of various local groups, both in India and U.S., to reach out to larger sections of the population.
- To support and cooperate with persons and groups already engaged in similar activities to achieve the group objectives.
- To provide an opportunity for individuals based in the U.S. who wish to participate in Asha activities in India.
- To address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, socio-economic change, and women’s issues.
Asha for Education is a secular organization dedicated to socio-economic change in India by focusing on basic education. Asha is a 100% volunteer-driven non-profit organization. Asha’s Austin chapter alone has supported 21 projects in India since 2002.
to catalyze socio-economic change in India through the education of underprivileged children
A diverse group of highly committed volunteers from each of the chapters takes personal interest in researching and identifying education-related projects in India, mobilizing the necessary funds and nurturing the projects right from inception to being fully functional. Although the primary focus is on education, Asha also addresses issues affecting other aspects of human life such as health care, environmental concerns, and women’s issues. Over the years, Asha has succeeded in touching the lives of thousands of children through its various educational initiatives and projects. Asha continues to evolve in conjunction with the needs of the projects we support.
Asha at a Glance
Over 385 projects
Over 66 chapters worldwide
Over $4 million disbursed
2047: Universal Primary Education in India