I am volunteering with Asha for Education and I am a member of Team Asha – Strides of Hope with the Austin chapter for 2017-18. This season (Sept 2017 to Feb 2018), I will be training for three half-marathons (13.1 miles each) and have these target races, Decker Challenge on Dec 10, 2017, 3M half-marathon on Jan 21, 2018 and Austin Half-marathon on Feb 18, 2018.
Why Asha for Education?
Asha for Education is a low-overhead, 100% volunteer-driven 501c(3) organization that works on education in India with the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. Please see our perfect 100 charity navigator ratings for three years in a row. Importantly, it is a means for us to pay it forward to children, teachers and schools who need our help, support and motivation.
I have targeted to raise $5000 as my stretch-goal for the following Asha-Austin projects, with whom I have worked closely the past three years. 97% of the funds raised will go to the projects.
- Gramin Shiksha Kendra’s Girirajpura School (GSK), an alternative education school, in rural Rajasthan, India, with ~100 children, helped setup by Asha-Austin in 2015. Asha-Austin supports the operational expenses of the school for ~20k USD annually, towards teacher salaries, teaching and learning material. Further, Asha-Austin helped construct a classroom in 2016-17 (Video).
- Mathru Foundation, a residential home for children with physical disabilities, in Bangalore, India. Asha-Austin supports the operating expenses of the home, since 2015, for ~12.5k USD annually, towards food, education and medical needs for the 17 children (Video).
- Khushboo Welfare Society (KWS), a school for children with mental and multiple disabilities, with ~100 children, in Gurgaon, India. Asha-Austin is currently supporting their new initiatives program, since 2016, and funds salaries of a physiotherapist, occupational therapist, arts teacher, music teacher, dance teacher, computer teacher, yoga teacher and pottery instructor for ~20k USD annually (Video).
How you can SUPPORT?
Please do consider supporting Asha-Austin’s projects for the financial year 2018 by contributing towards my run as a member of Team Asha. Your contribution is tax-deductible (Tax ID: 77-0459884, Asha for Education) and the money raised is extremely invaluable in supporting Asha for Education, Asha-Austin chapter and Team Asha’s mission.
Please see below what your donation can do:
|25$||Monthly therapy session cost for each special child at KWS (physiotherapy/ psychotherapy/ occupational therapy/ yoga, dance and music lessons)|
|50$||Monthly food expenses for each special child at Mathru|
|85$||Monthly teaching and learning material cost for Girirajpura School of GSK|
|100$||Monthly food, educational and medical support for each special child at Mathru|
|131$||10$ for every mile of my run to support education for the underprivileged children back in India|
|200$||Annual support for each child at Girirajpura School of GSK|
|250$||Annual support for each special child at KWS|
How to DONATE?
I request that you make your tax-deductible donation on this secure page by clicking on the “donate now” button on the top-right, prior to February 18, 2018. You can double the impact of your donation with company matching.
- Company Matching
- Please make the company match payable to “Asha for Education“
- Please ensure the match is directed to:
Asha for Education, PO Box 398080, San Francisco, CA 94139-8080
- Please include Ranga Srinivasan and the words “Austin Chapter/ Team Asha 2017” in the description of the match.
- Please email email@example.com so we may know to expect the match.
Please remember that whatever you can donate is valuable. Helen Keller once said “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”. And I request you, to take this journey with me towards my goal.